Based in San Francisco, CA
May 21, 2014
Press / Business Contact:
An independent game studio located in San Francisco, CA working on the 3D platformer, "Poi."
Ben Gable and Paul Ewers left their jobs in early 2014 to pursue their dream of starting an independent game studio. They were driven by the desire to make games inspired by titles that they loved as kids, but with an added dash of innovation and crafted using today's tools and technology. Paul and Ben both graduated from DigiPen Institute of Technology, and have worked on PC games such as Igneous (2010 IGF Student Showcase Winner), Kabloom, the mobile game Star Thief, and independent Wii games. While previously employed at Zynga, they worked as gameplay engineers on CityVille and Farmville.
Their first independent title, Poi, will launch on Steam February 1st, 2017. Poi placed third in the 2016 Game Development World Championship, was part of the August 2016 Humble Bundle Monthly, and was featured in the 2016 Steam Lunar New Year Sale.What is Poi?
Poi is a 3D platformer featuring two kids on a grand adventure to unravel the mysteries of the Milky Way Globe. Explore uncharted lands, compete in challenge levels, meet quirky characters and defeat comical creatures on a journey to become a Master Explorer.
Poi is being developed for PC, Mac and Linux and is available now to play on Steam Early Access. The full game launches February 1st, 2017
Launch Trailer YouTube
Contact us for more images.
Awards & Recognition
- "Game Development World Championship - Third Place" - Helsinki, Finland - December 2nd, 2016
- "Humble Bundle Monthly" - August, 2016
- "Featured in Steam Lunar New Year Sale" - February, 2016
- "Reminds me of every whimsical platformer I played in the 90s."
- , Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Poi looks like all the best 3D Mario games combined into one."
- , Destructoid
- "I can't deny the allure of Poi's colourful, skyborn universe."
- , PC Gamer
- "Poi is a fantastic reminder of why the 3D platformer is so fondly remembered."
- , Hardcore Gamer
Official Website: http://poi-game.com.
Poi Original Soundtrack
Listen to a few clips from the fully orchestrated soundtrack composed by Lyndon Holland: soundcloud.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Co-Founder & Developer
Co-Founder & Developer